Meet Our Staff
Becca Ellis – DPT, PYT-c, RYT-200
- Board certified and licensed Physical Therapist (2009-present)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy degree, Old Dominion University 2009
- 8 years orthopedic, sports, & post-surgical rehab experience
- Professional Yoga Therapy candidate (http://proyogatherapy.org/)
- RYT-200hrs certification (2016)
- Pre-natal yoga-85hrs certification (2016)
- Division 1 college soccer player at Old Dominion University (2001-2005)
- Becca is a mommy to an awesome little boy, and wife to a very patient and kind man. She love kids, helping people, live music, dogs, physical therapy, yoga, wine, cheese, The Beatles, organizing things, and chocolate!
Stephanee Howell, 500 YTT
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapist (800 hour training)
- RYT-500 (Kripalu/Pheonix rising)
- Restorative Yoga training with Jillian Pransky
- Y4C certification (Yoga for Cancer)
- Mindful Yoga for Cancer at Duke University
- Retired ICU nurse/master’s degree in transpersonal psychology
- hospice volunteer and lay pastoral counselor
- mixed-media artist; loves visual journaling
- travels frequently for fun and family
- loves kayaking, hiking, cooking, blogging, and her special 15 year old cat!
- please visit www.yogafromyourheart.com
Maria Jackson – 200 hour RYT
- RYT-200 hours certified & registered 2014
- Heath & wellness advocate for 20 years
- Over 20 years of experience with a variety of certifications in yoga, meditation, and healing experiences
- Maria has 2 wonderful kids, Benjamin and Lily.
- She spends her time boating, jet skiing, and trail biking
- She enjoys traveling and spending time on the Eastern Shore with her partner Bill
Elise Hasenstab, 200-RYT
- Elise received her certification to teach from the Temple Kriya Yoga in Chicago, Illinois in 2008
- She is known for teaching in a voice that is truly her own. In her classes, she keeps a light sense of humor and driving instruction while maintaining a reverence to the deep traditions of Yoga.
- Modifications and breath work are offered in Elise’s classes to make yoga accessible to all who seek it. Body alignment is key in her classes. “How deep the student goes in a posture is of no consequence, as long as the student is well-aligned.”
- She is excited to be teaching at Restorative Therapy Co. is an honor. The mission to bring healthful, mindful yoga to all those who seek it is the force that drives Elise. She is happy to be part of this network of teachers and students that share that intent.
- Elise is currently a Biology/Psychology major in the undergraduate program Old Dominion University
- She is a Virginia Beach native
Paulette Amburn – RYT-200, BS in Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Science in speech pathology
- Minor in special education
- over 40 years teaching children preschool – elementary age in VB public schools
- currently teaching children at Children First ABA School for autism – Chesapeake, VA
- RYT – 200 hours certified
- Special interest in teaching yoga to toddlers, kids, & children with special needs
- Passionate for teaching children with reading and speech difficulties
- Loves to spend time with her husband, daughter, & grand-daughters
- Enjoys yoga, going to the beach, crafts, & handing out with family & friends!
Sarah Collins – 200hr RYT
- 200-hour certified 2016
- CPR certified
- Associates in Health Science 2006
- Sarah lives in Va Beach with her loving husband and two young children
- As an avid runner and health enthusiast she began practicing yoga regularly in 2012. She quickly fell in love with her practice and began to notice the transformation it was having on her life
- Sarah incorporates strength building with a flow into her personal practice
- Yoga has positively impacted her life in every way: mentally, spiritually, and physically. She is excited to be able to share this blessing and love with others
Janice Barrera – DPT, RYT-200
- Board certified & licensed physical therapist (2010 – present)
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy, West Virginia University 2010
- 7 years of pediatric PT experience in school and outpatient settings
- RYT-200 hours certified
- Attended multiple therapeutic yoga courses for children with various developmental delays
- married to an incredible man with three sweet fur babies
- lover of wine, yoga, and dogs
- enjoys spending time outdoors, being at the beach, & playing in the water in a kayak, on a paddle board, or on water skis!
Anna Beale, 200-RYT
- Certified yoga instructor 200RYT in 2013, at 532YOGA in Alexandria, VA
- Currently completing 300RYT with Shiva Rea
- Has been practicing yoga for over 15 years
- Anna’s teaching incorporates Ayurvedic principles, and is very much about aligning mind, body and soul — awakening to our inner knowing, stillness and awareness
- Anna is very passionate about Goddess Energy, the Divine Feminine, and Feminine Wisdom principles – which she weaves into her practice
- Yoga is more than exercise and a mat. It is a way of life and a way of healing.
- Certified in holistic nutrition and very interested in energy healing
- Anna has an international background- originating from Poland, growing up in West Africa, and traveling the world before setting roots in Virginia Beach. She is fluent in French and Polish.
- She used to be a Naval Officer in a previous life
- She is a “householder” and lives with her husband, 2 bonus children, 2 dogs, one garden, and helps with her mom who recently moved here.
- She works a full-time job as a civilian for the Navy
- Anna loves yoga, flowers, art, photography, making malas,water, mermaids (she actually is one), tropical vacations, food excursions and explorations with her husband, and feeding her physical, spiritual and intellectual belly
Caitlyn Allen, EP
- B.S Kinesiology: Exercise Science, James Madison University 2013
- Certified Exercise Physiologist, 2015-present
- 3 years experience in orthopedic & sports medicine rehab
- Caitlyn has completed 4 half-marathons, many 5-Ks, and a handful of other races. She has a long-standing love/hate relationship with running and hopes to run the Marine Corp Marathon one day!
- She is married to a wonderful & supportive husband who shares her same passion for health & wellness. Caitlyn enjoys coaching basketball, helping clients improve their physical health, Sunday dinners with family, pizza, kids, and the beach.